21 April 2010

**WHAT?!!...Well, CRAP!!**

Hey Hey Everybody!!

Been several days since last post. Busy, busy, busy to the extreme power!! Let's see, where to start...

Wednesday, 14 April, had another meeting/practice with the models. Only four models showed up!! What the heck?! This makes me nervous. The girls definitely need to be there to practice! The models I wanted to fit were not even there, which stressed me out because my photoshoot was scheduled for Sunday, and I hadn't even seen some of my girls yet. (Still haven't) On a good note, my models Terri and Lauren V showed up, and they did great at practice!! Thanks chicas!!

Thursday, 15 April, consultation with hair and make-up at Avant Guarde Salon in Destin, FL. Met Jami & Jen, who will be styling some of my models. They were busy so the meeting felt hurried, and after leaving, I realized I had forgotten to ask if they could do my photoshoot on Sunday and also forgot to tell them a certain detail about make-up! Crap!!
That morning, met up with Okeye and Jeremy at Artesano in order to speak with Nikki about putting up art at the reception and selling tickets at the store. Also met with Steve about creating a back-drop for the show. Both were excited about participating. Yay!! I love these peeps! lol Also went for the first time and saw the room at the Emerald Coast Conference Center that the fashion show will be held in. Man, it's big!!

Friday & Saturday, 16 & 17 April, Mad rush to finish up all the final details of garments before photoshoot. Had my mother, brother, and sister help me. I think they are completely sick of me now. HAHA Saturday, my father made a great prop for the photoshoot. Thanks so much fam!!


Sunday, 18 April, Go to bed at 6:30am. Wake up at 8:00am! Exhausted, delusional!! Brain barely processing, but must smile and make great impression on everyone...Then have meeting with almost everyone involved in show, well, everyone except the rest of my dang models!!
First had consult with Sharon from the Northwest Florida Ballet. She will be directing the dancers that will perform between the designers' collections. Showed her the music I wanted them to dance to and the music my models will be walking too. She had some great ideas, and we understood one anthers' vision. So happy with that, and one less thing to stress about.
Met with a representative from the Boys & Girls club. She was very excited and happy about the show. Tickets handed out to the models to sell.
Met with The Fuss Boutique. A few garments from each of the Creative Ambitions designers' lines will be shown in a fashion show for The Fuss. This is to be a preview of the C.A. collections. The preview show will be held on May 2 at a Vie Magazine party. Vie Magazine is hosting the party as an appreciation to its advertisers.
Met with Vie Magazine representatives. Let them see a few garments from my line. They made suggestions on which garments they would like to see at the preview party. We may have some discrepancies about this...
Consultation with Steve Burrows about the show's back-drop. Of course he had great ideas and will do an awesome job!
Spoke with the D.J. about what songs I have chosen for my part of the show. The D.J. was very nice, and helpful. :-)
Lastly, fit the five of my models that showed up, and decided who I want to be in the photoshoot. Funny thing, all my garments are based off of the same dress-form, yet each model fits into different garments. What the?! My sister and my girl/ "Publicist" Cole, helped so much with the fitting. Thanks babes! Love you both!!

Then...UTTER DISASTER!!!!
Hair and make-up cancelled for the shoot!! So shoot has to be rescheduled. And yes, I stayed up all night finishing garments for no reason!! BLAH!!!!

Take rest of the day off, and go to BBQ at Boyfriend's house. I was so tired, that I ninja-ed my way in past him and his guests, and crawled into bed and went to sleep while everyone BBQ'd. He didn't even know I was there for about two hours; even came into the room where I was sleeping and didn't even see me! HaHa, I love being little-- I can completely disappear if the comforter gets bunched!

Monday, 19 April, Took the day off, however, Brian and I did go and find his suit for the show. We picked it out at Jos. A. Bank in the Destin Commons. The sales associate was very helpful and picked out great accessories for him. Now that his outfit is done, it's one less detail I have to stress about. He looks so great in it that I may not let him go to the show at all! lol