12 April 2010

**11 April Meeting with Models**


The main players left to right...
Jeremy Pinne- One of the Designers and the event coordinator
Yours Truly
Caroline Smith- Head designer of Janie G Couture
Okeye Mitchell- Public Relations Director and show photographer




(Pics of most of the models. A few could not make it to the meeting, so I have yet to meet a couple of my girls.)

The meeting went well, though the location was changed at the last minute to the Wingate Hotel in Destin, FL. We are very grateful to them and my friend Karen, one of the hotel managers, for letting us have the room on such short notice and at such a discounted rate. Thanks so much Wingate!

Tickets were given out at the meeting to us designers. Sooo....
TICKETS ARE ON SALE NOW!!!! Thursday before my meeting with hair & make up at Avant Garde Salon in Destin, we will be going by Artesano, the store that sells some of my art and accessories, and asking if they will sell tickets there. Tickets are also going to go on sale at a few other places, I will announce where asap.

Notes: Was informed at the meeting that my collection will be the finale! Yay!! I am happy, but also a little more nervous now because it adds a bit more pressure. But still very pleased with it! When Okeye is talking to people about me, it's so funny. I'm listening to him and laughing to myself because I sound very impressive. HaHaHaaa Thanks for the props Okeye!

Also need to add one last thank you... Thanks so much to Brian for working as my assistant for the day! lol

Daily Concern: After meeting with my models, I want to change around some of my outfits. Do I have time to do this?
Also stopped by Jo-Ann Fabric Store today; the store did not have the knit fabric I wanted in the right color. Finding the fabric I want is always a problem in this area because there are not many fabric stores here.