30 March 2010

New Serger, Yay!!!!




(Some pics of my new Kenmore Serger and the tools that came with it.)

I've been working with my new Kenmore serger from Sears. So far its been great and bad at the same time! lol It came with several tools, however, it did not have a serger threader which I believe it should have came with. Serging saves a whole lot of time on edging and seams, but I haven't figured out how to do everything yet. Learning the different techniques is difficult and a bit time consuming. Threading wasn't too bad after I got the hang of it, but the first time... whew! Here's a tip, make sure you thread the spools in the order that the DVD tells you because if you don't, you are going to want to smash the thing!! :-P

I've mostly been serging lighter weight fabrics, and it has worked wonderfully. Still need to try it on swim-wear knits. I hope that this will be easy and work beautifully.