07 December 2010

Patterns, Patterns, Patterns, & a Little Portfolio

The past couple of weeks have been spent patterning for the 2011 collection. I've been working on some bias cut garments, which is an area that I'm pretty much a novice at. So keeping my fingers crossed...
This collection I'm hoping to be able to hire a couple seamstresses to help with sewing the garments, as this year I'm planning to do a larger collection. The biggest stress, as of late, is financing for the new collection. So I'm working on a few ideas to help with this.
On top of this, my portfolio is going through a major make-over due to aspirations of finding a great design gig that can help with financing in the future.
I am beginning to feel the stress a serious time crunch as March looms so closely to the present. Non-stop work for the coming months!!!
"Do not wait; the time will never be "just right." Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along."
Quote by Napoleon Hill