30 July 2010

The Life of an Up-&-Coming Designer

Hey Everybody! Hope you are all doing fantastically!!!

The opportunity spoken about in my last post came from the Small Business Development Center of my area. As you know, I have previously worked with them and attended a seminar hosted by the center. The center is hosting a Women in Business conference and would like me to be the designer to show my collection at the event!! This will be a great way to market Rehcy Vonne to local business owners and will also provide an amazing avenue for Creative Ambitions to network with potential sponsors for next year's show. Thank you so much K. for thinking of me!!!

However, as of yet, I have not 100% decided to sign on to do the show. I have a telephone appointment this afternoon to discuss the details. My drawbacks would mostly be in the financial arena, does the SBDC pay for the equipment, will I be expected to rent the platform, will I have to pay the vendor fees etc. Money is tight, tight!! One can not survive on a newborn clothing line alone! That baby takes care, and comfort, and never never stops crying for more!!! lol So the hunt for some supplemental income is on!!!

Daily Concern: I need to start going to bed earlier, and get my sleeping schedule back on track. Too many daylight hours waisted sleeping!