12 February 2011

***Inspiration 2011: Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee**

The past several months I have been reading Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee by Dee Brown.
The book chronicles the history the United States conquering the west and the Native Americans that lived in the region. The stories are told by the chiefs, warriors, & soldiers whom actually fought & lived during this time. Several times tears have been in my eyes while reading there heartfelt accounts of all their experiences-- much of it is quite unbelievable. 

I became truly inspired by the lives of these people, my ancestors, and thus 
the inspiration for the 2011 REHCY VONNE collection emerged...



"What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset." 
Quote by Crowfoot, Blackfoot

(I do not clain ownership of the photos in this post)