20 February 2010

Power Issues & Starting a Business

Hey Everyone!

Alright, it's been a few days since I posted so here is what has been going on...

Last Thursday I attended the Starting a Business Seminar with my local Small Business Development Center. The seminar was very informative and covered all the general areas of starting a business, including writing a business plan, taxes, types of business entities etc. Overall it was a bit overwhelming, so much stuff to learn and figure out!! Thankfully the center offers more specific seminars and one on one counseling. I'm definitely going to need help with trademarking and branding, as well as, taxation, permits, and the legal process. They did give a CD with more information on it; I have yet to go through it.

Tomorrow I will be meeting with Tim, my friend that is heading the fashion show, about some questions/issues I have with the way the show is heading. Apparently the benefactor has been changed, and I am not to happy with that. Originally Tim was very enthusiastic about raising money for the American Cancer Society due the effect cancer has had in his own personal life. However, now I believe that too much power has been given to others working on the show. I would really like the show to be in support of his original dream. So we'll see how the meeting goes tomorrow. Pray it goes well!

Lastly, I received a new serger as a gift. Yay!! I will be experimenting with it in the next few weeks, and it better work well!!! lol I am so excited to have it!

Other than that, I have just been working on show garments and commissioned pieces.

Have a fantastic weekend!

Workin' on Dreams!