31 December 2009

Chapter 2 is Killing Me!! :-)

Hey Hey Everybody!!

Read Chapter 2, and it kicked my butt! lol
This chapter detailed the basic first steps of starting a fashion line-- beginning with the business plan...

And the elements of the business plan are slightly overwhelming!! Gehlhar informs the reader on the Executive summary, Company Overview, Sales Plan, Operations, Financial Projections, lions, tigers, and bears... Oh my oh freaking my!! She adamantly insists that you write your company's business plan yourself because who better to make your company exactly what you dream it to be.

A section in the chapter informs the reader on deciding what type of company to set up, whether it be a sole proprietorship, partnership, corporation or variations of the three. Trademarking and choosing a perfect company name are briefly discussed, and hiring a business lawyer is greatly recommended. The chapter ends with a brief section informing the entrepreneur subjects including insurance, employees, hiring accountants etc.

The steps discussed in this chapter, I know, will be ridiculously difficult if I do not break them down into smaller tasks. So my goal for tonight is to break a few sections down and make a step by step list for myself. I will post it for here for everyone to see.